October 7, 2011

Fear

Well hello there. I feel as though our life has not stopped! I am trying to catch a break or a breath...or both. I don't have much time nor do I have much on my mind. I have a pumpkin cake in the oven and my hubby skimming Netflix for a Friday night movie.

Here is a little something to keep you going, a little deep, but it's heavy on my heart....

God wants me to conquer my fears. How do I know this? Everything I read, everyone I talk to, everywhere I turn it seems my fears have found me. Being the control freak that I am it's hard to let things go....it's hard to trust in the unseen or the intangible. Anyone know what I am talking about? Random, negative thoughts overcome you or you get knots in your stomach over a situation that was only played out in your head....a situation that will probably NEVER happen? Ok, maybe I am just weird.

Let's be real here, we want things to go our way. We want to be comfortable. We want to create a life that cushions us from the things we are afraid of. Take our kids for example....we don't want our kids to get sick, so we vaccinate them OR we don't. We want to make sure they eat the "right things" or go to the "right" school, or hang out with the "right" people. We can obsess over how controlled we want our life to be so much that it becomes an idol. I know this because far too often I am thinking about these things. I don't want my kids to grow up wrapped in bubble wrap, but my flesh wants to make sure they are perfectly safe and perfectly heathly and perfectly well-rounded. NEWSFLASH LAUREN...not gonna happen ;)

So here I am....I don't like falling, I don't like heights, nor will I ride a roller coaster at Six Flags (or anywhere for that matter). Here God is, asking me to take a leap of faith, jump with my eyes closed, hold out my hand and trust Him to direct my steps. Not an easy thing for this momma! I will let you know how it goes. Right now I still have those knots in my stomach.


"Serve only the Lord your God and fear him alone. Obey his commands, listen to his voice, and cling to him." Deuteronomy 13:4

1 comment: