September 28, 2011

Red Paint

This is VERY random, but it completely defines my life at the present time.....

Today I finally removed the chipped away red polish from my toes ;) I have been staring at them for weeks days. It's as if the chipping of the polish, signified the chipping away of my outward appearance. The appearance that I promised to keep after having a baby or....three. I vowed never to wear spit-up on my clothes outside of the house, never to wear maternity clothes- just because they are comfortable, and NEVER go more than a day without showering. Ha!

When did I find the time to remove the hideous nail polish?....while my kids were taking a bath! They were contained and you gotta do, whatcha gotta do...I didn't even care that I did NOT have time to paint my toes a new, pretty color to distract the world from my puke stained clothes and dirty-hair ponytail ;) You will just have to deal with my naked toes until bath time tomorrow.

Moving on.

If you didn't know...I love Pinterest.....and my kids love it too! ;)
They love that I can whip up a new craft without having to wait around for my brain to kick in and actually come up with one on my own!

In the spirit of the new season, we made handprint trees with orange, yellow and my favorite...RED paint!

Here is some of the fun we had creating our Fall Tree...

No that is not an Oompa-loompa in my kitchen.
Riley preferred to paint herself...and then eat the paint!
She eats everything! (paint=non-toxic)



Brother had to join in.



I framed the pic in a poster frame I already had from IKEA and just mounted the paper to a sheet of burlap I cut to fit inside the frame. Super simple, so fun, and FREE!

2 comments:

  1. girl - i SO remember those days ... hang in there and make every possible memory you can! and guess what?? you have tomorrow night or saturday where you can paint yours toes ... and your nails too! i'll throw in some polish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh goodness! i love this.. your kids are adorable! and i love the painting idea.
    I know isn't pinterest just fabulous! i love it too!

    http://pinterest.com/jennawr/
    http://itsjustcalledspicy.blogspot.com

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete