January 24, 2012

Everything Green

Ever have one of those days when you feel like you are accomplishing SO MUCH yet look around and you can't see what you have accomplished? No? Just me?

Today was that day.

I still have a sink full of dishes (though they were already done once).

I didn't get those bathrooms cleaned like I intended.

And I am still behind on de-cluttering my "piles".

But instead of getting stuck on what didn't get done, we are just going to embrace what did get done, like it WAS on the list in the first place...and we are just going to pretend I dominated today! ;)


And because I like to put things that match in an oober-themed box and tie it up with a coordinating bow, my brain tends to do this without even thinking....case and point ALL things we did/made today were GREEN, so we rolled with it!

We made Low-Cal Green Monster Bread (recipe found on Pinterest)
This stuff is GOLD! Hudson asked to eat three pieces in one sitting. "More, more please??!"
Little did he know...he was eating spinach! Sneaky and satisfying. Nuff said.


While I had the blender out to make the bread, I decided to make my first batch of homemade babyfood for Piper. Green peas and Green beans! Love the color of fresh made babyfood vs. the store bought stuff. You really notice the brown color when you hold them up next to each other. (I am not saying I don't feed her food from a jar. Promise! I have twenty jars in my cabinet and she will eat some for breakfast!) I just like the pretty colors. ;)

You can learn more on how-to whip up baby food from scratch here.
Easy-peasy! and way cheaper!


PG rockin the green in her Bumbo chair. Where did my baby go?


And in sticking with the green theme. I would like to enlighten you.
You won't want "normal" chicken salad ever again! Man this is yummy!
Ate it for lunch yesterday....and today.

Avocado Chicken Salad (found on Pinterest)
I used half sour cream and half mayo for the dressing and red onion instead of green onion.
Dee-lish!



So to sum up my day...it revolved around food! (and laundry)
What did you accomplish today?

1 comment:

  1. yummy! i made homemade baby food too - it was SUCH a money saver for us and took very little time! :)

    ReplyDelete