January 18, 2012

Coffee break

It's nap time. Just imagine the quiet. You have your choice of the comfy, suede glider or big plush leather couch. I will be sipping a cup of coffee, patiently waiting on the next load of laundry to come out of the dryer. The load might not be folded right away, but it will be rotated out in hopes that I can keep up with the mounds that wait to be cleaned. I am actually showered and dressed (with make-up on) because for the first time in awhile I was able to get up and go to Bible Study-BIG!

Chances are because you are here, I will probably fold that load of clothes so that I look like I am being productive and because things are always more pleasant when others are around to chat with. Won't you come over more often?!

I will tell you how encouraging bible study was for me today and how I am always refreshed and convicted when going through this study on the book of Acts. I will tell you that I am trying and failing miserably at a restricted "cleanse" diet that I was trying to do in order to lose the last of the baby weight and eat healthier. I love food and I love coffee. Not to mention those things are vital to get me through the day with little ones- just in small, healthier portions.

I am learning (re-learning) that everything needs to be done with and through the grace of God. Loving our spouses, parenting, how we eat, how we spend our time. We need God's grace in all aspects of our lives. Today, I so want to be free of the mommy guilt, the sin of comparison, frustration, and laziness. And because of grace, I am set free- I just need to keep reminding myself of that.

So as I continue to sip on my illegal cup of coffee. What's new with you? Where has grace found you this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment