January 12, 2012

Intentional

Holy Moly it's 2012. Twelve days in. I feel like we have been here for-eva! I friend (via Facebook) pointed out the slowness of the last few weeks coming off of the hustle and bustle of Christmas and such. So true. Thanks Dawn!

Recap of December:We went from sadness/mourning to celebration in a mere 14 days; from the loss of my sweet aunt, to the graduation of my totally awesome brother from Ga. Tech, then hurling ourselves into Christmas and lastly, embracing sickness with the kiddos ;( We are now on the mend and ready to take on this year with full force.

I have no resolutions, I have no major plans or long lists of things to tackle. I want to embrace a way of life. To some that might more daunting than resolution. To some that sounds uber exciting. I find it....well...both! I want to live INTENTIONALLY- I want everything I do to ooze God's love and grace. I want Him to guide my days and give me discernment when things need to be left alone while other things need to be tended to. I feel this is important in order to live a life that will honor Him. If we are intentional about our words, our actions, our lives-how much more do you think we could accomplish each day?

How do we do this in our family? First it starts with saturating ourselves in His word and obeying his commands. Teaching those commands to our kids and living them out through our marriage. Being an example of the gospel to first to our kids and second to those around us.

Hard to flesh this out-I know for sure. I find myself resting in my purpose/my calling and what God has for me in this season. Amidst diapers, disobedient toddlers, dirty laundry and sleepless nights, I get to enjoy those sweet toothless grins from Piper, Riley's belly laughs, and "double kisses" from Hudson. These are worth living with intention and for a purpose.

We might not intentionally get sick...but it happens. And so Piper Grace and I spent some quality time in the waiting room and I can't get enough of this baby! Her eyes could melt anyone's heart....promise! We are linking up to "Embrace the Camera" with The Anderson Crew. Sometimes the momma has to get in the picture....it's proof we are actually are here and surviving, right?!

Before the doctor....sick baby.
At the doctor....Even with her eyes closed, she's cute!
Pretty Girl.


Blessings,
Lauren

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is beautiful, and we have the same "word of the year." I hope your sweet lil' is on the mend. Happy New Year!

    Kate@ www.gracebetweensunsets.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that same sling! How do you like it? Judah loved it the first few months till he got to big so I bought a maya wrap off of craigslist.

    Your daughters name is so sweet, just like her face

    ReplyDelete